I solemnly swear that I am up to no good.
HELLO AGAIN, beautiful world of the internet. How are you? Good? I hope so because I am currently standing at the gates of stress plaza, which is right inside Hell City.
The reason for my oh so uninteresting choice of words is that next week is the start of midterms for my classes. AND BOY OH BOY IS THERE A LOT TO DO! I’m a very stressful and dramatic person so I take my worry VERY seriously! But then again it’s good because if I wasn’t then I wouldn’t care. Stress is good but everything has a limit.
ANYWAY (why do I keep writing in caps?) that’s not the dilly here *Dilly means deal* I’m prefacing this by saying that I Kind of have not much to talk about but what I have is interesting.
First of all, my week was short. Yesterday was traumatizing because I forgot to turn in my essay. Thursday was even worse because I failed a quiz. Wednesday was better but still odd for some reason. Tuesday was the best day because I decided not to go to school. I was lazy. And I only have one class on Tuesday so I figured there was no point. Now, MONDAY IS A DIFFERENT STORY! (There I go with the caps again)
To explain what happened on the first day of last week I will create a bullet point list to replace my Random Thoughts. They will return next weekend when hopefully the fire in my head clears off.
Gabe’s Monday Adventure
• I woke up ready to have a good day.
• Got to school 10 minutes early and waited patiently in my seat.
• Had my first class and took good notes
• Had lunch and rested a little for my 2 hour break
• Time for second class. I go. I sit. I wait . . . and wait . . . and wait . . . . . . . . AND WAIT!
• A lady comes through the door with a bubbly personality and asks if we’re Professor Jerry’s class. The class responds with a blank “Yes.” The woman giggles and says “Your professor is sick. You may go home, he will come back Wednesday.”
• I try to hold in my anger because I stayed at for an unnecessary three additional hours FOR NOTHING! But either way I was happy to go home before 4 o’clock.
• I go to the trolley station with three minutes to spare before the trolley arrived. But it didn’t. So I waited . . . and waited . . . and waited . . . and waited . . . AND WAITED! After the hour and thirty minutes passed everything in the station turns off. It’s dark. Girls squeal. Guys pretend not to panic. I DO panic. Then lights start to flicker and this beeping noise deafens me!
• Police men storm in the station and yell out “Everybody has to bail! Trolleys aren’t coming”
• I hold back my anger once again but a little slips out and I clench my teeth and curse silently at everything and everyone
• I check my iphone that doesn’t even have service and it reads 4 percent battery. I start to panic again because my parents are in Mexico with no way to contact each other. My sisters are at home but they do not have a phone.
• I walk ALL AROUND CAMPUS to HOPEFULLY find someone that I know. I search literally every main building in the university. The sun is scorching. I’m sweating like a pig. Desperate and alone.
• I then go to my library, the last building I have not checked. I search through 5 floors. Nothing. Sixth and last floor. Nothing. I start to consider sleeping at a bench like a hobo until someone cares to take me in from the streets. I decide to simply find a bench and sit . . . forever.
• I’m almost out the door near some couches when I hear something odd. The sound of a finger punching a key on a keyboard. The clicking is fast, angry. I turn my head and then I see him.
• MY FRIEND MILTON IS SITTING COMFORTABLY WITH HIS LEGS ON A STOOL AND HE HAS HIS LAPTOP. And he curses at the screen. Inside my head. I jump for joy.
• I walk to him and he looks up and we greet each other. But that’s all. He’s still clicking and looking at the screen with an occasional “Dammit!” here and there.
• I ask what he’s doing and he responds “Playing League of Legends.” I think: Of course. And then I laugh and ask “Do you happen to have an Iphone charger.”
• He looks at me and then searches through his back pack, TAKES OUT THE CONNECTOR and not the wire. He gives it to me and then returns to his computer. I freeze for a second, and then ask “Do you have the wire by any chance?”
• He looks at me again and then searches through his bag . . . then he looks at me again and answers. “No. sorry.”
• I frown. And then sit against the wall. I give back the connector.
• My friend gets killed in his game. Then take my iphone out again and it reads 2 percent. I give up. And wait. And listen to my friend continue to click the key with such a hypnotized craze in his eye. Then I realize something.
• I look through my Facebook friends and search for Alejandra. I message her: “Hey you still at school?” she replies “I’m in class.” I JUMP FOR JOY in my head again. But then I panic because I realize my phone was going to die at any second. I message “Oh cool! Where is your class. I’ll meet you there, I need a charger.” She responds with the class number.
• I then begin to type: “Is it okay if I g . . . .” Then my phone goes through a painless electronic death. And I suffer greatly. I get to my aching feet and turn to my friend. “Bye Milton, see you later!” I yelp. As I turn the corner I hear him respond ever so quietly: “Kay, take caarreee.” The last thing I hear from him is the continuous clicking.
• I RUN LIKE I’VE NEVER RAN BEFORE across the entire campus again and walk down some stairs to get to then a small little square with a fountain. I take a deep breath, realizing the class has not ended yet. The I sit down and wait.
• A guy next to me asks for the time and then I have to search through my backpack for my watch. I find it and I say the time. Then I look over to the class and half the class is already out and I freak. I stand and hope that Alejandra walks out. . . She doesn’t (TAN TAN TAAAAAAAANNNN)
• I speed into the classroom, figuring she went out through the other side. I go as fast as I can. Walk UP four flights of stairs and find the exit door. I step out and search for her in the passing crowd of hundreds of bodies. I don’t see her. I turn my head to the left. Nothing. To the right. My heart stops because I see her looking at me. She decides to go back the way I CAME INTO THE SQUARE! I yell out her name but she doesn’t hear me!
• I run after her but the flowing river of bodies is so dense, running upstream is almost impossible without being rude and shoving people out of my way. I finally reach the entrance to the square and I run down the stairs again and I see her. She’s looking for me and I run to her and then she turns around and then we crash into each other.
• “I WAS CHASING YOU!” I panted. She says “I know, I walked out the opposite side.” I say “I know I kind of realized.”
• Then she says “do you need the charger?” and I reply “No it doesn’t matter. I was actually going to tell you that the trolley’s aren’t in service for us to go home!” her mouth drops and then I nod my head screaming “I KNOW RIGHT!!!” only for her to respond “It doesn’t matter, I don’t take the trolleys on Mondays.”
• My eye lids become heavy and I think: Why did I get the feeling. I then open my mouth to ask her for the hugest favor IN THE WORLD but she beats me to the punch by asking “Well, do you need a ride?”
• I smile and then I, in such bereavement answer with my hands held together, “Yes.” I start to laugh. “Can I get a ride?”
• “Yeah sure,” she answers. Then I walk ACROSS CAMUS YET AGAIN! I meet her mom. She’s a nice person. She offered me a sandwich on the way home. But I kindly refused even though my stomach was practically YELLING at me for not accepting the offer.
• Nonetheless, I sit back, and take a deeeeeeeeeep looooooong breath. I’ve never exhaled such a wonderful lungful of air before in my life.
• I get home. Go upstairs and take the longest nap of my lie.
MORAL OF STORY: by the time you get to college, it is IMPERATIVE you become a licensed driver and have a car. IMPERATIVE!!
So yeah! That was my Monday. Cray, huh? SO CRAZY! I felt like I lived through an Indiana Jones movie.
As for books, well I haven’t really read anything since Frankenstein but we did go over some poems in my English class. One of them was “Ode to the Grecian Urn.” Here’s what I thought about it:
1) In “Ode on a Grecian Urn” we are put into perspective that the images of the urn itself: two lovers about to embrace are stuck within time. If we think deeper than the urn itself, we realize that this is a bitter sweet idea. As it describes at first, “Thou canst not leave thy song, nor ever can those trees be bare; Bold Lover, never, never canst thou kiss.” This tells us that although the two lovers are stuck in time and blissful state of being on the verge of embracing, they will never get to follow their love through. Meaning that they will never get to fulfill the anticipation of being in love. This is the bitter part. On the opposite side, and a little further into the poem, it says “She cannot fade, though thou hast not thy bliss, Forever wilt thou love, and she be fair!” This tells us that even though they will never get to follow their love through and onward, they are stuck in this blissful state forever and shall never become disappointed of one another and will always love each other. “Cold pastoral” signifies that the urn itself is cold. And this can be related to death by evidence of what an urn holds inside: Ashes. Pastoral can signify biblical reference to a Shepard. So whether a Shepard leads sheep – lovers – into their formation – love – the urn will always be cold. Death will always come to end their love.
:) Such a lovely meaning, don’t you think?
As for movies, I JUST SAW WORLD WAR Z! OH. MY. GOODNESS. GRACIOUS! It was FANTASTIC!!
Here are my thoughts:
1) THE MUSIC WAS PHENOMENAL!
2) The storyline was epic, it was fast, it was enjoyable!
3) THE SUSPENCE KEPT MY HEART RACING AS FAST AS MY LEGS DID ON MONDAY! I loved the bottom moral of the story in general: to keep fighting if you can, and to help one another.
4) My favorite line in the movie was five simple words. “Nature is a serial killer.” Boom. BOOM! That got to me. Got me thinking about EVERYTHING SINCE THE BEGINNING OF THE HISTORY OF EVER! If you think about it, nature really is a “b**ch” (excuse my language, that was a quote frorm the movie as well)
5) The one thing I didn’t like was the character development. I don’t think, or I didn’t SEE any. But that’s just my opinion. I’m sure there was but I was too nervous to recognize it throughout the entire movie hahahaha.
So that’s it! I’m sorry I don’t really have much to tell today. This week, again, has been a total nightmare. Hopefully things go smoother this week. Wish me luck as I enter the gates of Hell City . . .
And with that, I say Mischief Managed ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment