I solemnly swear that I am up to no good . . .
And I seriously am not :( I want to start things off with an apology. I know I didn’t upload anything these last couple of weekends and my excuse for that is because I’m a university student. And that implies that school work by the dozen and stress by the mother-load . . . And tests by double, hence why I haven’t posted anything in a while. I was studying my bottom off all week this week and the last. I have taken a total of 3 midterms as of now. Next week I will take 2 more. I hope you all would forgive me . . . I truly a sorry but I hope you just bear with me.
But this weekend I have found more time for myself and therefore plan to update :)
So i guess there's one interesting thing that happened to me during my time of absence that i wish to share with all of you. I went back to my high school’s 50th homecoming game and I was a part of the Alumni! I felt really strange because I’m nineteen years old but I truly feel like I’m sixteen . . . which is bad, considering I sometimes think myself as a useless person who does nothing all day but study and read and write. Yeah. I have no life. :)
SO what happened that day? Well I woke up five minutes before the event (the morning of game day, there is a pep rally on the stadium and since it was the school’s 50th anniversary, FIFTY generations of alumni filled the field up corner to corner (well not really but yeah). I walked on the field and i kid you not, I seriously felt like I was going to be the only one of my graduating class because all I saw were old people and slightly older people than me. And of course people from the class before me. But NOBODY but me was standing under the C/O 2012 sign. And I felt really uneasy.
But luckily one of my good friends showed up as well . . . and another . . . and another . . . and another . . . . and another . . . and another . . . and another.
In total, there were seven of us and tens and tens of the ones before us. But, we weren’t the class with the fewest. The most recent alumni class, C/O 2013 had but two people. I felt bad. But it was okay, they took it like champs. So anyway, when the rally started, the 50th class president announced all of the generations from ’63 to ’13 and I felt like I won the Superbowl or something when my class walked under the arch. It was so loud and there was A LOT of confetti so you can imagine the adrenaline rush! So yes. We sat down and the rally continued.
The many presidents gave emotional speeches about school spirit and their memories about their four years and what it is to be a Trojan and all that mushy stuff. And I’m not going to lie. I felt like tearing up. I’m a mushy kind of guy. Deal with it. After that, all of the performances were up and that was pretty cool. And must I say, after some twenty years, people can still move as if their seventeen. Good job, yo!
AND THEN I SAW MY LITTLE SISTER CHEER!!! SHE WAS SO GOOD AND I FELT SO PROUD! PROUD BIG BROTHER I WAS AND I WAS HAPPY AND SCREAMED THE LOUDEST FOR MY SISTER, WHOM I’M VERY PROUD OF! :) Did I mention I was proud? Of my sister?
After she finished, she ran to me and gave me a great hug and all her friends and my friends AWWWWWWED our brotherly sisterly love. After the rally was over, the alumni were taken to the gym that was somehow transformed into memory lane. Fifty year books were set on al long table and on the stage stood a lot of pictures and diplomas of hall of famers in both areas of sports and scholarship. AND THERE WAS CAKE!! LOTS AND LOTS OF CAKE, which wasn’t very good in my opinion.
And then they took out the time capsule. All I can say is that it smelled. Like ammonia (can ammonia smell?). it was an old gray cement tube that had a love note, a declaration of some sort signed by the 1963 cross country team, a shriveled up championship baseball, and an ID card, among other things.
- On a side note, I didn’t know the principal had a twin! I was amazed.
There was also a desk that had a lot of index cards stacked up. I asked what they were and the lady said they were for the next time capsule for the 100th anniversary. All we had to do was write a message or something for the future generations to read.
My friends wrote a lot . . . and I wrote something cheesy like “I hope you are married and have lots of grandchildren by the time this is read.” Yeah. I should have written something funnier. But oh well. That seems like a good long term goal anyway . . . right?
So after that my friends and I took a lot of pictures and then we went to visit a whole bunch of our favorite teachers and then we went to eat gourmet Mexican cuisine (not really. They were Carne Asada Fries and chips). Then we went to my house to hang out for a while and then when 5:30 came along, we were picked up by another friend of ours and we went to the homecoming game. I had free access though because I was given the golden ticket. I’m cool. I see Willy Wonka all the time and eat a lot of candy like Agustus Gloop. You may now feel jealousy run through thy veins. . . .
The stadium was PACKED! But since we got there early, we got good seats.
Now comes the interesting part.
You see, in all of my life I would never have guessed that I would become the overprotective older brother. But I am a firm believer In that everything happens for a reason. And that’s just being prefaced by saying that YES! I AM THE WORLD’S MOST OVERPROTECTIVE BROTHER. And not only do I have to protect one. But two. I have to keep one eye on one twin and the second on the other. I promise you, on that night I swear I felt my left eye was nowhere NEAR the right one. That and combined with an angry face, I think I must have looked pretty darn funny. But I was not laughing. I was finally doing what life has brought me to this world to do.
My sisters are very popular. Even more popular than I was (I was not very popular at all). One is a cheerleader and the other one is equally as beautiful as the other. So of course EVERY sexually active teenage male delinquent wants to make them feel “happy.” But not only do my eyes move separately in opposite directions but they can see through the outer shell of people and I can see who wants to take advantage of my little girls and who doesn’t and let me just say that my special ability had me on my guard the ENTIRE night! One twin was cheering though, so I maintained control. It was the other one, the rebel that I had to take care of more carefully.
Funny story, actually: Karina (the rebel) asked me if it was okay to look for Daniel (the 17 year old twin). Now, mind you, my sisters are both THIRTEEN YEARS OLD. THIRTEEN! THAT’S ONE THREE! Daniel is the “love interest" of Karen (the cheerleader).
This question meant two things.
1) If I said yes, she might have gone and look for Angel (the 16 year old “friend” of Karina) instead of finding the “friend” of her sister.
2) If I said no, she would just ignore the answer anyway and do what she felt like doing without my say.
. . . with great hesitation, I said yes but with a condition: that she and Daniel come back and sit right in front of me where I can keep an eye on him. She agreed and sprinted out of my sight.
Now here is the highlight of my night:
About thirty seconds after Karina left, out of the corner of my eye I see Daniel himself coming down the stairs. The hairs of my neck stand up and freeze. I don’t turn to him but from what I can see, he is looking for Karina . . . then he does something that I am still debating should give me satisfaction or the feeling that I am a horrible person.
He spots me sitting down looking near him (I’m actually looking at Karen cheering in the distance) and then he stops, widens his eyes in, what I can make out, pure and utter fear, tenses his lips and cringes, then slowly turns around and walks away from me slowly as if I were some Basilisk that kills with one single look of the eye.
All I did was furrow my eyebrows and grin. Grin a lot. “He’s scared of me,” I thought. “He knows I’ll kill him if he does anything to my sisters . . . Exxxcccceeellleeennnttt,” (evil mastermind voice).
It wasn’t until Karina and Daniel came back together a minute later that I confirmed what I thought. Me and Daniel made eye contact and he looked away, taking a good three steps back from my Karina. She told him to sit down next to her and he did. Slowly. Carefuly. With painstaking caution. And I did nothing but feel like GOD!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!! FEEL MY WRATH, PEASANT!!!!!!!
What made it even more funny is that my friends have known my sisters for a long time and they know that I get protective and about an hour after Daniel came to sit with us, my good friend Ruth asked me “Gabriel, are you an overprotective brother?”
And me, having completely eased up and almost forgotten that Daniel was sitting, praying for me to even consider sparing his life, answered out loud (almost yelled it out) “HELL YESS!!!!” and meant it.
And that is when I realized Daniel was still sitting in front of me. Everybody but him laughed. Unfortunately for him I had no time to make up something funny to lighten the tension and awkwardness for him because our school made a touchdown and all of us, even me, screamed in excitement. After that, the night went on and then the fireworks went about and the homecoming queen was chosen and WE WON THE 50TH ANNIVERSARY HOMECOMING GAME!! The night was a blast. I saw a lot of my friends, some more drunk than others, and we all felt the nostalgic love all around. Then we said our goodbyes and I snatched my sisters away from Daniel a second after they said goodbye to each other and left him standing there. Alone. Oh so awkwardly alone. And once again I felt satisfied.
I love it when things unintentionally go my way. I value it more when it does.
Will I ever warm up to Daniel and the 16 year old guy, Angel? The two seniors I should strangle for even thinking about being with my THIRTEEN year old sisters who are THIRTEEN YEARS OLD!!!????????
No.
Because they are 16 and 17 and my sisters are THIRTEEN YEARS OF AGE!!!! As far as I’m concerned, the boys are almost legal. And it is ILLEGAL for a child to be with an adult, sexually . . . ILLEGEAL!! Am I being overprotective and overreacting?
No.
Should I change my ways of thinking and just accept that age is just a number and that many people have even had children at thirteen?
No.
I don’t care if the times have changed. They are my sisters and MY norm is that no. Just no. Not until my sisters are older and more aware of things and a tad bit less innocent. Age is just a number, yes. And a jail cell is just a barred gray, dull, depressing, dangerous room where the only colors you will see is orange (the uniforms) and red (of the unnecessary blood that might be spilled). A lot of red. . . and we don’t want any of THAT to happen . . . now do weeeeeeeee? (Evil mastermind voice)
. . . wow. That was a lot for just one event. And that is okay because the rest of my weekends were filled with studying and studying and studying. And nobody wants to hear about how THAT went. In a word, boring, in case you do want to know.
The good news is I can see the exit gates of Hell city! So that is good too. The battle is almost done :)
. . . and with that, I say mischief managed ;) (Unless you want to try and get with my sisters. Then I’ll cause more mischief than I can manage at all)
No comments:
Post a Comment