I can't believe i actually got this to work!!! (happy dance). :) Ok. Good. So first of all, let me take this time to tell you where this whole blogging thing comes from. I was first introduced to blogging when i was in High School. One of my favorite English teachers of all time, Mrs. Mains, had all of us in the class create one for a series of homework assignments. She gave us surnames of famous writers. I got Frederick Douglass. I believe we had to post two things before the year ended. The following year, Junior year, another one of my all time favorite English teachers (I love all of them but my high school career was full of many incredible people) Mrs. Eddy continued the blogging assignments. Only this time she made us spend a lot more time with it. She gave every one of her students names of famous writers. Since i am Hispanic, i went from Frederick Douglass to Octavio Paz. So that year, the most intense school year i have ever and probably will EVER have, i ended up posting twelve more assignments making in total 14 posts for my first blog ever.
I didn't continue to use it senior year because i joined ASB and that is a whole other story filled with ups and downs and i rather not get into it. Maybe in another future post. But anyway, that was my first experience ever with blogging. And for two years i never logged in and my blog gathered digital dust. In those two years a lot of things happened. i graduated from High School as a apart of the honors section. My family was very proud of their little nerd. (i use that label with the highest form of pride(I would wear a t-shirt). The summer between high school and college was very busy for me. Why? because i was working on the only thing that matters most to me more than anything in the world: my novel. I have been a writer for as long as i can remember. When i was little i remember always holding a pencil and paper in each of my hands. I drew and wrote what my already endless imagination ordered me to. However, it wasn't until i was in the fourth grade, did my lifetime occupation dawn upon me. The scene happened as follows: I was listening to my teacher, Mrs. Reed, explain how to divide fractions. Now, i was never good at math. it just wasn't my thing so i basically ended up daydreaming. Luckily my classroom was rich enough to have more than four windows on the walls. And it was even more lucky that my seat was right next to one. I loved that window. I really did. I remember there was a park next to my school and, well i remember reading somewhere that looking at green scenery makes you more creative. And i guess whoever said that was right. All it took was a boring day and an even more boring lesson, a cloudless sky, a green field, and an overactive and curious imagination. The result was - well not really a result. more like the start of something new - a character. This character came with endless information about a world that was unraveling inside my head. Fact after fact after fact revealed itself and the worst thing was that the only paper available to me at the time was that of my textbook. And after all, you can't write in them. But i took a chance. I wrote all over the white parts of lesson three. In fact I filled the page. I saved it, and kept the book close until i got home. When i was alone, i ripped the page from the margin and kept it safe. I don't remember what happened to that page but thank goodness, i transferred what i wrote onto my notebook. And the rest is history.
I finished my novel on the last day of 2012. I don't know why, but i felt like it would have been good luck or something. Ever since that day when i was ten, all i have wanted to be is a writer. I do it because it i s the only thing that actually keeps me calm, cool, and collected. I'm a very stressful and worrying person by genetics (I blame my mother)so you can only guess how much i write. To be exact: two novels worth as of today. I'm editing the first one and writing the sequel. Its a long process, but i love doing it so i never tire of it. It's may passion and i hope to make a living off of my books. So long story short (i don't think that was short haha) i am an English major doing nothing but reading and writing.
My friends know what i want to do with my writing and they have suggested in more than one occasion to make a blog. "That's how most authors start off" they say. at first i din't believe them. but now, actually thinking about it, i think they're correct. And i trust my friends. They would never push me off course. But like my introduction says, i don't wish to become blog famous in the slightest. All i want is to get used to this. Maybe get some connections out of this, i don't know. That and i think i could have fun with it. Like i do when i write. :)
So that is a little bit of something for you. just to get this thing started. I plan to post things on here as frequently as i can. What with school and all i suppose i'll have to make up a scheduled date. I'll get back to you guys on that. As for what this blog will consist of, i think I've got a pretty good set of ideas :)
On my facebook i used to do these little sections of what i called "Random Updates" where basically i would bullet point twenty to thirty random thoughts that i picked up during the day. A lot of my friends thought it was really funny and they were really entertained by it. So that's one thing i'd like to do. And then, of course, i'd like to maybe write reviews of movies I've watched or shows i like. Or even books that I've read. Or i could simply tell you something interesting that happened in school or at home :). I don't really expect to be formal when i do this, but i know there will be some instances where i will be. But mostly for entertainment purposes i hope to be as creative as possible :).
So without further or do, let the mischief begin!
p.s I love Harry Potter. And a good friend of mine, Erin, suggested i end every post with "mischief managed". Kudos to him!
No comments:
Post a Comment