I solemnly swear I am up to no good . . .
Hello my friends of the internet! :D okay so the reason for
why I am posting this late is because I had a lot of homework and I barely
finished mere moments ago.
OKAY!! So I only wish to talk about one thing this weekend
because it is probably the only major thing that happened from when I last
wrote. AND THE MOST EPIC!! (well not so much epic as the last Harry Potter
movie but you get the point).
WARNING! THIS UPDATE WILL CONTAIN SPOILERS SO IF YOU HAVE
NOT SEEN THIS MOVIE, DO NOT. I REPEAT, DO NOT READ THIS POST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
What happened, you may ask? Well that’s easy . . . THE
HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE
THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE
THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE
THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE
THE HUNGER GAMES: CATCHING FIRE
THE HUNGER GAMES . . . . CATCHING MUTHER EFFING FIRE!!!!
O_O
This beautiful diamond of a movie is what happened to me. On
Thursday at midnight. And yesterday at 5:30.
Yes. That’s right. I watched it twice, because It was that good. (Well
actually I went the second time because I promised my sisters I would take them
since I couldn’t take them to the premiere).
No but seriously, you guys. That movie was so incredibly and
incontrovertibly amazing. I honestly, and I am not afraid to say this, cried
three times.
Once: when the old
man was shot in district 11
Twice: when Cinna was killed
Three (and probably the worst and most): EVERY SINGLE TIME
THEY SHOWED MAGS! :’’’’’’’’(
That woman is probably the embodiment of innocence (aside
from Rue in the first movie and book). And every time I saw her sweet and
lovely face and smile and her short, fragile stance. . . . I JUST CAN’T!!!!!!
Poor old woman. :’’’’’’(
She was very much a matriarch like Katniss . Up until her very end. She
won her games, raised another victor as her own, volunteered for the fiancé of
the one he raised, and then sacrificed herself to let her boy continue to live
a little longer. ISN’T THAT JUST SO
SAD!!??? So in eulogy of this fine, strong, beautiful, fictional woman, let us
pay silence to her and all of the other tributes such as the brave female
morphling
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
. . .
And with that, I seal my sorrow and mourning over Mags’s
death. -___- at least until I think about her or see the movie or read the book
again :’(
But yes. I think the movie was as close as you could get to
the book . . . as far as films go at least. Very accurate and I remember
reading the book and feeling it go the same pace as the movie did. Overall it
was a GREAT adaption and it had awesome character development, EXCELLENT
emotional grief and, exhilarating adrenaline.
I give this movie a 99.9% out of 100.
The last one percent because of some things and I will
explain them. Remember this is just my opinion and I do not wrong anyone who
had anything to do with the movie.
1)
I don’t know or remember if in the beginning of
the book, when it says “The sun persists in rising, so I make myself stand,” was
right before Katniss heard Gale walk behind her and that is the reason for why she stood up; to ready herself for an
attack like it showed in the movie . . . but I don’t think that is how it went in
the book. Now, I am not saying that bothered me, but it was a major line in the
book and for them to put that line on a movie poster, you would think they
would stay true to that small detail in the book and portray it in the movie.
However then again, it worked quite well with her preparing to attack as well.
besides, she stood up nonetheless.
2)
PLUTARCH’S WATCH!!! -___- wasn’t shown in the movie. I really REALLY REALLY anticipated that
part. :/ but oh well.
3)
I knew Twill and Bonnie weren’t going to be
shown in the movie as well but DANG, I didn’t realize how much that part was needed
for the sake of the plot, both in the book and the movie. It was how Katniss
first heard about District 13’s possible existence.
4)
And because of Twill and Bonnie’s cut from the
movie, then of course the part where Katniss sees the shot of the mockingjay in
the corner of the tv was cut out as well. I really anticipated that as well…BUT
I guess that was redeemed when Katniss saw the shot of her symbol while
entering the tunnel leading to District 11.
5)
Hazelle wasn’t shown at all, or Gale’s siblings
. . . I know they aren’t important, but I think they kind of HAVE to be shown,
don’t you all think so?? The same thing with Peeta’s mother. And needless to
say, and I think I speak for all of the fans when I say Madge’s absence from
the entire series is probably the major hole that still needs to be filled up
in these movies, no matter how epic they are. I NEED to see Madge -____- but I know
this is not possible. . . .
Regardless, I loved that movie and definitely think it was
10000000% better than the first one. Francis Lawrence took the movie to an
entirely new level and I thank him for that. I feel like these movies have
reached their much deserved potential and I am satisfied with Catching Fire
nonetheless J
And as soon as I got home from the premiere I stayed up
trying to ease my overreacting imagination and I ended up writing A LOT! I worked
on my own books for a good while and fell asleep happy J I was a happy nerd.
Until Mockingjay part 1, my imagination and anticipation
will only continue to catch fire.
But until then I will have to keep my mischief managed. ;)
GO WATCH CATCHING FIRE!!!! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!! Bye now . . . . .
No comments:
Post a Comment